12 Feb 43 Essential Business Tools For Online Entrepreneurs
One of the difficulties of running a website or a business is knowing which tools are essential to use. I have gathered 43 business tools for online entrepreneurs and site owners that can be used to make processes simpler and more efficient. Whether you are running an online business or a simple website, these tools will prove useful to you in one way or another.
Many online entrepreneurs nowadays work with a remote team, and managing them can be a real problem. Thankfully there are great tools out there, both free and paid, that solves the issue of distance and time zones.
Communication is crucial to any business, most especially for online businesses, and no one can deny the limitations it poses among its members. The management tools below solve most of these issues through features like to-do lists, task management, time management, project planning, live chat, group discussions, and many more.
- Basecamp – project management tool for small to large companies.
- Asana – project management tool that eliminates the need for emails.
- Trello – collaboration tool that organizes projects and tasks into boards.
- TimeDoctor – time-tracking and app usage tracking tool for employees and managers.
- Remember The Milk – to-do and task management tool for remote collaborators.
I’ve compiled a list of organizational tools for videos, websites, photos, and links. It is important to manage your time wisely and at the same time never forget something that piqued your interest. You need to have that one place where you can throw all of your ideas, and news clippings so that you can come back at a later time to check them out.
- Feedly – news aggregation tool that compiles all relevant news into one dashboard.
- Pocket – save news, videos, web pages, and anything for later viewing.
- Evernote – news, text, website, and photo clipping tool that organizes everything in “notebooks”.
- Prezi – cloud-based presentation tool that eliminates the need for dull Powerpoint presentations.
As is with any kind of business, it is crucial that you understand how your direct competitors are faring. In the online world, that is pretty simple to accomplish. You can call it “online spying” if you want. With the tools below, you can determine how popular your competitors are, what makes them popular, and from the data that you gather you can devise plans to improve yours.
- Ahrefs – an SEO research tool designed for site owners and specialists that provide useful information for content marketing. Information such as keyword popularity, referring websites, and other relevant data.
- OpenSiteExplorer – a popularity tool for SEO specialists and site owners which can be used for both site optimization and competitor research.
Another thing to keep in mind in order to achieve online success is by having a solid marketing campaign, which ranges from social media down to email marketing.
- LeadPages – easy to setup landing pages that promises high conversion rates.
- GetBravo – tool for asking users to record video testimonials without the hassle.
- HootSuite – all-in-one social media management tool for marketers and website owners.
- Mailchimp – one of the most popular email marketing tool in the market.
Money makes businesses run, and ironically it’s one of the nastiest things to deal with. Thank goodness there are billing, invoicing, and accounting applications out there that anyone can use. Be it for accepting personal payments over the internet, sending big invoices to clients, and bookkeeping.
- Hiveage – a simple online billing and invoicing application.
- FreshBooks – online billing, invoicing, and accounting application.
- InspirePay – personal payment portal that accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
Monitoring and Testing
Suppose you already launched your website and it has started receiving good traffic, what next? The next thing you need to do is gather data from your visitors. Data such as where they click, look, scroll to, what sentences they read, what colors they react to, what pages are heavily visited, and use these to plan on how to make people react to your website more.
- Crazy Egg – a tool to know where your visitors are clicking, looking, and reading using heatmaps.
- KissMetrics – analytics tools that monitors and reports visits on your website.
A business wouldn’t survive without a good customer service. People need to know that there is a human behind each website, someone who can answer their inquiries.
- Gravity Forms – an tool that allows the creation of flexible forms depending on the user’s needs.
- LiveChat – as the name suggests.
Caching plugins are important to speed up your WordPress website.
- Limit Login Attempts – limits how many times a user can attempt to login on your WordPress dashboard. Once the limit is reached, the user is banned.
- Better WP Security – improves the standard security of WordPress installations.
- Sucuri – protects websites from DDOS, hacking, virus injections, and also does website cleanup.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – SEO plugin that every site owner should use that will help boost search engine rankings.
- WooCommerce – currently the top WordPress Ecommerce plugin. Used to build online shops with cart and payment gateways.
Here are some of the best membership plugins for WordPress. If you are thinking of building a membership site, you might want to consider these easy solutions first.
You’ll never know when you will need a backup of your website. Better be safe than sorry!
For a quick WordPress website redesign solution, you might want to consider buying ready-built and ready-to-use WordPress themes from these marketplaces.
If you ever find the need to design brochures, posters, tarpaulins, and the likes, feel free to browse through these free and premium stock photos. You don’t have to take beautiful photos yourself!
There are a lot of tools out there that you can use to expedite and make your processes more efficient. You only need to find the perfect fit for your needs. But if you don’t have the time to deal with all of these stuff, feel free to contact us so that we can help you with your website maintenance and updates.