12 Feb 5 Free And Sure Ways To Increase Website Traffic
Every website owner’s question once their site is already up and running is how to increase website traffic. Learning how is one thing, keeping the visitors coming is another. And it’s an ongoing process even for established websites.
There are many techniques on how to do this, and if done right they can bring thousands to hundreds of thousands of visits daily.
Driving a lot of visitors to a website is crucial to its success, especially if it’s used for business. So, let’s get started!
1. Leverage Social Media
This tip is as old as social media itself but it still works. In fact, people invest their time heavily on social media because of how useful it is in driving traffic and sales to their websites.
- Facebook – create a fan page, join relevant groups, and share useful information.
- Twitter – follow influencers in your industry, increase your followers, and engage with people actively. While I haven’t had much success with Twitter, other people swear to it that it still works.
- StumbleUpon – I have had a lot of success with SU by submitting articles under correct categories and tags. Works well for list articles.
- Reddit – submitting content on Reddit works, but a little bit dangerous because of three things: if they liked your content, and if your servers aren’t prepared, you’ll be hugged. If no one likes your content, be prepared for harsh comments. Or nothing will happen at all.
- Question and Answer websites – Quora, Yahoo Answers, StackOverflow. Build up your credibility through these websites, setup your profile and point to your website.
Having a robust online presence helps greatly with search engine rankings.
2. Learn How Keywords Work
If you are new to all this keyword thing, the simplest explanation for its importance is they are the word or string of words that people input on search engines like Google. In turn, search engines then provide a list of web pages containing that keyword.
Sounds easy, but when there are thousands of people vying for a specific keyword, that’s where the difficulties happen and one important question arises: How do you get to the first page of Google?
The answer lies in choosing the perfect blend of keywords to use. Keywords that are being searched for by people while having a low to moderate amount of competitors.
3. Publish Useful Content
Content is king and that will never change. Even businesses regularly publish content now on a regular basis because they realized that having useful content will naturally drive readers to their website.
There are two main types of content: list type and articles.
Lists, or listicles as others call them (which is a portmanteau of list and article), are so far the main traffic generator of most websites. These are called traffic articles or money articles, since they can receive several thousands of visits every day, if done correctly.
Articles include case studies, opinion, and discussions. These usually don’t receive a lot of traffic short-term, but as time progresses they can accumulate a lot of visitors. These also build up the authority and credibility of a website, which is crucial to search engine rankings.
4. Optimize Your Content
For every content you publish on your website, be sure to include the following:
- Every article must be composed of at least 300 words
- Keyword should appear at least once in the introduction, once in the body, and once in the conclusion. But be careful, you need to make it as organic as possible and not forced.
- Keyword must appear at least once in a subheading (subheadings are important, they are like sections or chapters of your content, this makes reading easier).
- If possible, include a relevant photo. And be sure to name the photo with your main keyword.
- Link to an outside source at least once.
- Link to another article in your website.
If you are using WordPress for your website, you can install WordPress SEO to make things easier.
5. Submit Articles On Relevant Blogs
If you have a web design business, you might want to consider submitting guest posts to web design and development blogs. You need to do this because of two things:
- Piggyback on another blog’s success. You don’t have an audience, but other blogs do. Pick blogs with several thousands to hundred thousands of social media followers. For a brief period of time, they will be your audience too. So be sure to write a great article.
- Backlink to your site. Most likely these site owners will allow at least one link on your byline, and if the blog you guest posted on is an authority in your niche/industry, search engines will be impressed and rank you higher.
A lot of websites will offer 10-20 methods on how to increase website traffic, but ultimately they all boil down to just 5, as stated above. Note that everything mentioned above takes time and resources. But if you don’t have enough time in your hands to market your website, we can always do it for you.
Check our Marketing Services!